Symptoms & Precaution of Nasal Congestion
Being a mother, I always have to be attentive and at toes all the time, especially during monsoons when your little one is not at ease. I know all moms’ out there can easily relate. The most crucial time is when your little one is having nasal congestion and you as a mother cannot actually help your little one understand the importance of medicine intake.
Nasal congestion is a very common problem, with toddlers. The main reason for nasal congestion is when the tissue inside the nose swells due to various reason(s). The most common symptoms that we should take notice of
- Common cold – It is the most common issue caused by the virus.
- Allergy-It can be caused by dirt, pollen, fragrance(s) and can block the nose
- Influenza –It is similar to cold, but the target area will be a nose, mouth, and ear.
- Sinus-Sinuses are air-filled sacs at the top and sides of the nose.
- Runny nose – The mucus keeps coming out in fractions of time.
- Red eyes/headache-If water comes out of the eye or swelling around the eye can be seen.
- Not having proper meal/milk intake – The baby refuses to intake his food portions
- Breathing problem
- Crankiness – As the baby is very small to express, they become cranky to show their discomfort.
We have to be very careful with a toddler, as they cannot express their pain or what it that is troubling them. Nasal congestion should not be taken lightly. Imagine yourself in their shoes, especially when they cannot express, on the top we as mothers get tensed and try various practices on them.
Precaution one can during congestion –
- Always keep the baby hydrated it does not let the mucus be thick.
- Give them hot water steam/shower
- Use a humidifier to create the moisture in the air
- Keep the room ventilated
Let me share my secret when my little one undergoes through such pain –The best and the safest product that does not need any medical guidance to follow is and can be used by anyone is –
- Nasivion Saline Nasal solution.
- Nasivion Mini-Nose Drop.
- Nasivion Paediatric (Child) Nose Drops.Nasivion Saline Nasal Solution-is a safe solution for dry stuffy noses of your little ones. It’s an isotonic saline solution provides a natural way to soothe dryness. It can also help to improve nasal hygiene.
DOSAGE AND FREQUENCY OF USE
Instill 2-3 drops/sprays in each nostril 3-4 times daily or as directed by the Physician
Nasivion Mini-Nose Drop- Nasivion Baby Nose Drops is a nasal decongestants in an easy drop form. It unblocks the nose to help your baby play and learn in a more enjoyable way. Its active ingredient Oxymetazoline is well tolerable on the nose and provides up to 12 hours of easier breathing.
INGREDIENTS-Each ml of Nasivion Baby Nose Drops has:
- 0.01 mg Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride USP (active ingredient) in buffered aqueous solution 0.3 mg
- Benzalkonium Chloride Solution 50% IP (as a preservative)
DOSAGE AND FREQUENCY OF USE-Intranasal administration for infants below one year. Up to the age of 4 weeks, instill 1 drop of the solution into each nostril 2-3 times per day. From the 5th week of life until the age of 1 year, instill 1-2 drops into each nostril 2-3 times per day or as directed by the physician.
Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride containing nasal drops should not be used for longer than 10 consecutive days.
Treatment-Free several days should precede any repeated use.
Medical supervision is advised in pre-mature or underweight new-born to avoid the risk of over-dosage.
I have shared the secret of my happiness that makes my baby’s life easy. Thanks to Nasivion solution my kid does not have to go through the sleepless night(s).He is cheerful and super active all the time, keeping me on my toes .:)
Make sure you consult your pediatric before consuming any medicine. I’m just sharing my experience.