Churidars-increase your ethnic style quotient
Churidars are bottoms resembling leggings mostly worn by South Asians and are a modification of tights with gathers at the ankles. They are tightly fitted and are narrow towards the ankle. Although churidars have always been in fashion, recently this trend has gained immense popularity. Almost all the famous fashion designers from India use churidars in their designs and this amazing bottom wear can be worn in numerous styles and manners. Whether the occasion is formal or casual, churidars can be teamed up with kurtas, anarkalis or even a saree drape for that dapper look and style. Wearing churidar can enhance your personality and all eyes will be on you when you walk into any ceremony.
Here is how to style the churidars and which colours to buy to enhance the outfits:
- White makes it classy and expensive: Monochromes are the colours that can be teamed with almost all the outfits and white is one of them. A simple white and traditional white churidar matches with almost all the kurtas and make you look cool and classy. They never go out of fashion and you can team them up with almost all chikan kurtas. Colours that look amazing with white churidar are Blue, Yellow, Pink, Red, Black, sea green or even purple. Invest in a white churidar and enjoy wearing it with various kurtas. You can buy it in lycra, cotton or rayon so that your summer is totally covered.
- Team it up with high slit dress: Nowadays formal anarkalis or kurtas are designed with thigh-high slits and salwars do not give the exact look. Wearing a churidar with gathers at the ankle can enhance your overall personality and you will look smart and expensive when you team up the outfit with long danglers and stilettoes. With the thigh-high slit and peek-a-boo effect, you will surely look sexy and stunning.
- Team them up with short kurtas and matching scarves: You can look sharp and stunning with short kurtas teamed up with churidars along with scarves or stoles. Shirts of various lengths look good with churidars like a knee-length or a thigh-length shirt will give you an elegant look when teamed up with churidars. Knee-length shirts with churidars make you look slimmer and smarter, so invest in different colours of churidars and make a style statement.
- Wear them with flared shirts to look modern and trendy: Girls can look amazing by teaming up flared kurtas with churidars as Anarkali style is the most popular and classic look today. Whether it’s the celebrities or young women, everyone loves flared style embroidered anarkalis with churidars. Bollywood is obsessed with this style and you can get one too with festive Anarkali worn with churidar and dupatta styled with a headgear that will make all the heads turn towards you.
- Look like a desi girl with long straight shirt and churidar: You can opt for a straight long shirt with churidar for a casual every-day look and can team up the ensemble with oxidized jhumkas and flat chappals. Style the look with a matching dupatta and wear a ring or two to look remarkable in this ethnic style. Play with different colours and match with your kurtas to get a fantastic look. Play with long and short hemlines, to add an indo-western style to the outfit.
- Style with a sari or a draped suit: Churidars look amazing with saree draped in dhoti style along with a designer blouse. Saree drapes are changing continuously and we have spotted celebs like Sonam Kapoor and Shilpa Shetty wearing sarees over churidars. This styling looks fantastic on super slim girls who wish to add volume to their body.
You can make use of these simple yet elegant ideas to style your ensemble with a churidar and pull of a traditional and ethnic look with ease and churidars make your silhouette look slimmer and taller. Add a simple piece of jewellery along with stylish hair and makeup.